Jan 18, 2010

It occurred to me...

It occurred to me that in todays modern age we all want results fast, this makes things interesting particularly when we are trying to achieve things out of the ordinary. It also means that we often give up even though progress is being made toward the end goal.

Last year I decided to start taking climbing seriously, get down to the gym atleast twice a week and out on real rock atleast once a week. For the most part this went well not counting the fall and recovery period. Toward the end of December up until now I have simply been lazy climbing sporadically and not really acheiving much. My goal this year is to start tracking what I'm doing to improve and to track the improvement.

As part of this I need to set some goals, this year I am being fairly optemistic with my goal setting;
  1. Do a trad course and improve so I can confidently lead trad routes.
  2. Climb my first grade 21, this will most likely be Real Life Ambition.
  3. By the end of the year climb my first 22.
  4. Climb in at least 2 places I have not climbed before.
number's 1 and 2 are fairly straightforward goals and should be attainable before winter so these are the short/mid term goals. Numbers 3 and 4 are more of long term goals. Well enough dribble lets see how things progress.

Climb On.

1 comment:

  1. If you need someone to do the Trad course with, I'd be keen for a refresher. And also anytime you want to hit the rock, just let me know.....

    ReplyDelete