Hit up mountain quarry today, what started as a good day turned into a struggle with fear. I jumped on playboy (18) which went really well. After this we procrastinated looking at a few climbs since hang ten (24) had people Abseiling down it. Crazy Horse was damp and after looking at Urban Ethics and getting scared we decided on Running with the Bulls (24).
I struggled from the start with falling as my mind raced about what might happen if I fell. I managed to struggle to just under halfway which was not bad for a first attempt but I can't shake the feeling the fear of falling prevented me getting further.
We then retrieved my gear and setup a top rope on Powerplay (20) which went worse than expected due to my arms being toast from the previous climb.
All in all it was not a bad day out, I just need to lead more and get over this falling fear.
No comments:
Post a Comment