On Saturday we decided to head out to Churchmans Brook for the day. Kris and I ended up climbing;
Lost Arrow (15) - Head space was a little off but climbing was good
The Sting (14) - Head space was still an issue as the bottom is run out, but committed to the crux.
Caledonia Way (10) - Nice easy climb that I had tried before but bailed on due to a bee hive which is now missing. Middle third lacks gear so ran it out.
After these three we stopped and had some lunch before playing on a toprope on Sundowner (22). I managed to fall my way up the climb,
Sunday was a little better/worse. We headed out to Mt Quarry again and climbed;
Acrobatics with Alan (15) - nice and easy, my foot placement was off however
Turbo Diesel Excavator (19) - Failed to commit to the crux moves once again...
We then thre up a toprope on City Limits(26) which I did ok on considering its well above my abilities. Made it to the tope with about 6 falls which should mean I'll be able to attempt a lead now that I know the crux is not near the third bolt as a fall from there could result in a very long fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment