Feb 8, 2010

Lazy Sunday

Well Sunday's climb turned out pretty good with three of us heading to Mountain Quarry for a leisurely climb. I ended up leading three climbs as time was short.

1. Bumble Sea (11)
2. Penthouse (18)
3. Frustration & Contempt (16)

All in all it was good despite the lack of "hard grades" as Penthouse I have not climbed on lead before. We had planned on taking a run up Mortal Wombat (20) but hunger and time where not on my side. My lead head was vastly better than the previous weekend. I need to start picking the climbs better as the climbs listed are not overly taxing, Penthouse will probably become a good warm up as the first 3/4 is really straightforward.

Additionally the hangboard training is actually starting to show improvement, that is I can actually hang off more than two holds. Obviously its got a way to go yet but improvement here should show good gains as I think my finger/contact strength is one of the areas that is letting me down at present, especially on small holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment