Feb 23, 2010

Yet Another lazy week

I really need to get my crap together, the past week has been fairly average. It started with an hr or so Bouldering at Rockface where I seem to finally be seeing the improvement from hangboard training. fingers seem to hold the small crimps and rap odd holds much better.

I've continued with the hangboard training and am beginning to use the small pockets, the crimps are still beyond me but after a few weeks I've seen good improvement given the one or two sessions a week I'm currently doing.

Sunday I got out to Mountain Quarry, I originally had plans of giving some new climbs a bash, all around the 18-20 range, unfortunately I left the guide at home and motivation was lacking. I warmed up on Penthouse (18) and found it much easier to lead this time around. I then did Mortal Wombat (20) the correct way staying right of the bolt lines as the guide recommends. I didn't have any major issues with it until I went to clip the last bolt, I messed up the footwork and ended up down climbing to a rest position a few times. I eventually found the foothold I was missing and it made things much easier.

All in all it was an average week. This week I've promised myself at least two sessions on the hangboard and another 2-3 session in the gym/outdoors bouldering and/or climbing routes.

No comments:

Post a Comment