I've been busy the past couple of weeks and haven't done much climbing or training... I like to look at it as a rest period.
Thursday was relatively good at the gym with ealr climbs being done nice and smoothly, the last climb a new 18 just wasn't working for me... unsure why, but either way I was a little stiff and sore leading into the weekend.
Sunday saw an early morning start and it was good, started on Kid Rock (17) and then messed around on Bonk Night Out (23) and Stolen Glory (22). Bonk Night Out is a little beyond me at present, it requires a powerful move off small crimps, I didn't manage the crux on either climb, however Stolen Glory looks and feels doable and it was more a mental blank on how to position myself to make use of the holds.The crux is well protected so it should be a good lead once I get my head together, the move hinges on being able to get your right foot just a little higher which allows for the balance to move over to the left foot and allow the high left reach. The section after the crux is fairly straightforward. I finished up with a nice run up Morning Glory (16).
I'm looking forward to trying both Stolen Glory and Real Life Ambition next time, it'd be a good day to nail both my first 21 and 22 in one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment