Apr 6, 2010

RLA kicked me in the nuts

I know I haven't posted much lately but between work and being slack its been hard on the climbing time.

Since Monday was a holiday I spent it in a rock quarry. I got to meet a new climber and spent most of my time falling and/or sitting around on one of my projects. I warmed up on Blah, Blah, Blah (16) and moved on to the project Real Life Ambition (21). given it was my second "go" on the climb it went well. The first section felt pretty good, much much better than it did the first time. This time I pumped out just before the crux, the good holds put me in different positions to Blair due to height differences. Either way I spent about 2 hours climbing, falling and pumping out.

I eventually lowered and Blair gave it a good go, he's only completed the climb once and it wasn't his day either. On the bright side the temps are dropping and soon it'll be cold days, this is both good and bad but hopefully the rain stays away from the weekends. Statham's is probably going to be my winter haunt while I try and figure out Real Life Ambition and Stolen Glory. Both seem doable with Stolen Glory being more balance and RLA being both technical and pumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment