Well the weekend has been and gone and what a weekend! A group of us stayed in Dunsborough and climbed at Willyabrup (Saturday and Sunday) and Bob's Hollow (Monday). Most days we got a late start, hitting the crag around 10 with Sunday being closer to 1pm. The weather turned out to be perfect on all three days with the only rain being on Sunday night briefly.
Saturday was a good day for top roping, I did a lead on Fairy Floss (12) and that was about the extent of my leading for the day. We ended up top roping Right Hand Crack (16), Woman Accept it for what it is (20) , English Ethics (20).
Sunday was a late day and so only got 2-3 climbs in but was climbing much better. I did Hope (14) on lead, where the snake was nowhere to be seen, before heading over and doing a number of top rope routes. The guide is not in front of me and I can't remember the climbs names.
Monday we headed to Bob's and it didn't disappoint! We took the walk in from Conto's and made good time starting the climbing at around 11 am. The goal was to be out around 2.3pm for the trip back to civilization. I got in two climbs, the first was a lead on a climb to the left of lovers nuts, the guide placed it at an 18 which sounds about right. We followed up that effort by heading over to Shaved Cat which I ended up seconding.
Although the volume of climbing and particularly leading was low for me I had a great weekend out on the rock, the trad climbing was great fun and I am becoming happier with my placements. Bob's was a real challenge and I now appreciate the power endurance of truly overhung natural walls as these are hard to find outside around Perth. I'd like to thank everyone who came out climbing and stayed the weekend as without you guys the trip would of been no where near as exciting. looking forward to future trips with awesome friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment